Feb 11, 2011

New ideas

I'm going to let you know right up front, that I'm stealing this idea. My friend Kiersten keeps a list of the good things throughout each day. I thought that a) that would be a good idea since I'm horrible at journaling, b) it will help me remember and focus on the good things instead of just the bad, and c) it might help me get on here regularly.

Now, you may be thinking, 'I understand the first two, but how is this going to get her on here regularly?' Part of my problem with blogging has been that I think that I have to have some big important thing/event to talk about. Then, even if I do have something to talk about, I have to add a picture or something. I'm not always the best about taking pictures, but even when I do take them, half of the time they just sit on my camera. So even when I do think about posting something, because I don't have a picture handy, I decide to do it later and it never happens. BUT by doing these daily snippets, I don't have to worry about having some big, beautiful, perfect post. Hopefully, being on here more regularly will lead to me also doing more regular posts, but for now, I'm just taking babysteps. :)

4 comments:

  1. I started doing that for all the reasons you stated :)
    And I can totally relate to why you might not post...I have to have pictures and sometimes that holds me back too.

    Glad to have your blog address

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up switching my whole blog over to this new address just so I wouldn't have to have a generic address anymore. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got the "stretch" thing figured out!!! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I found a place where I could get the old layouts. :)

    ReplyDelete